Citrix Branch Repeater 6 Brings Service-centric WAN Optimization to the Cloud Era
SmartAcceleration Technology Gives Organizations Unparalleled Visibility and Control Over Networks and Services – Desktops, Apps, Multimedia and More
Citrix Systems, Inc. today announced Branch Repeater™ 6, a market-leading wide-area network (WAN) optimization solution that offers unique SmartAcceleration technology to transform WAN optimization from a network-centric infrastructure to a service-centric solution. As a result, branch office users can enjoy a brilliantly fast experience for the increasing range of services delivered from both public and private clouds, including virtual desktops and apps, web and Windows apps, multi-media, voice, video and more. At the same time, IT can now prioritize these optimizations by user or service, reducing costs and giving them far more control.
The explosive new trends in consumerization, mobility, desktop virtualization and cloud computing are driving the transformation of network-centric WAN optimization technologies into service-centric solutions. As companies witness paradigm shifts in virtual computing, cloud computing, mobility and video, the way information is created and where it is consumed are fundamentally changing. Network traffic is exploding with a mix of traffic, originating from different sources – datacenters, cloud and branch offices – and delivered to a variety of devices used by mobile, remote and branch office workers. These trends require a new and holistic approach to optimizing and accelerating the delivery of all services regardless of where they are delivered from and where the users are located, going beyond network-centric optimizations to a service-centric optimization era.
Facts and Highlights
The new SmartAcceleration technology in Branch Repeater 6 enables several key benefits:
- Prioritize by User or Service: SmartAcceleration technology provides intelligent and adaptive mechanisms to guarantee quality of service (QoS) and experience (QoE) by enabling IT with a set of tools for holistic service delivery management: these tools assess network traffic patterns and usage, classify apps and services traffic, control bandwidth consumption and protect delay-sensitive apps using granular policies, monitor network congestion and delays affecting user experience, and remediate those problems quickly to minimize support calls. SmartAcceleration enables IT with the flexibility to classify and prioritize optimizations by application location, branch location, user location, user groups, application type, protocol, traffic direction, and more.
- Deep Visibility: Smart Acceleration offers unique, deep visibility and control across a broad range of services – more than 500 apps and protocols. This control includes, but is not limited to, native and virtual apps and desktops, audio, video, Microsoft apps, web apps and more.
- User-centric Virtual Desktop Prioritization: SmartAcceleration is the first and only technology able to prioritize virtual desktops and apps by user groups, allowing IT to accelerate the delivery differently for different user groups, determined by their business policies.
- Faster Encrypted Email and File Transfers: Layer 7 optimizations are supported including Microsoft email (Encrypted MAPI & Exchange 2010) and Microsoft file servers (SMBv2, Signed SMB v1/v2).
Jim Frey, Managing Research Director, Enterprise Management Associates (EMA)
“Cloud, virtualization and smarter mobile devices are pushing the network outside the traditional branch office and extending it beyond traditional LAN/WAN boundaries. The challenge for IT departments is to find ways to deliver applications to end users wherever they are and however they are accessing their data. The problem is that corporate network bandwidth is not infinite. The more fine-tuned control that IT departments can obtain over their application delivery, especially on the WAN links, the better they will be able to ensure the end users they support will get efficient and effective access to the applications and services they need most. Citrix is taking their WAN optimization solution, Branch Repeater, and continuing to build it into the fabric of an overall application delivery solution, making it easier for IT departments to meet the growing demands of the new virtual work environment.”
Troy Trenchard, Group Vice President and General Manager, Security and Acceleration Product Group, Citrix Systems, Inc.
“Consumerization, mobility and cloud computing continue to drive the industry to evolve network-centric optimization technologies from the PC era to a service-centric optimization architecture of the Cloud era. Branch Repeater 6, with new SmartAcceleration technologies, facilitates IT’s journey from the PC era to the Cloud era, enabling IT teams to bring hi-def desktops, apps and multi-media to millions of branch office users.”
- Expert blog: Branch Repeater 6: Changing the WAN Optimization game... again! by Sai Allavarpu, Senior Director of Product Marketing, Security and Acceleration Product Group, Citrix
Follow Us Online
À propos de Citrix Systems
Citrix Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CTXS) is a leading provider of virtual computing solutions that help people work and play from anywhere on any device. More than 230 000 enterprises rely on Citrix to create better ways for people, IT and business to work through virtual meetings, desktops and datacenters. Citrix virtualization, networking and cloud solutions deliver over 100 million corporate desktops and touch 75 percent of Internet users each day. Citrix dispose d’un réseau de plus de 10 000 partenaires et revendeurs dans plus de 100 pays. Citrix a réalisé un chiffre d’affaires de plus de 1,87 milliards de dollars en 2010.
For Citrix Investors
This release contains forward-looking statements which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The forward-looking statements in this release do not constitute guarantees of future performance. Those statements involve a number of factors that could cause actual results to differ materially, including risks associated with revenue growth and recognition of revenue, products, their development and distribution, product demand and pipeline, economic and competitive factors, the Company’s key strategic relationships, acquisition and related integration risks as well as other risks detailed in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Citrix assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking information contained in this press release or with respect to the announcements described herein.
The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion and is subject to change without notice or consultation. Les informations fournies ici le sont à titre indicatif uniquement et ne constituent en aucun cas un engagement, une promesse ou une obligation légale de délivrer du matériel, du code ou des fonctionnalités ; elles ne doivent pas guider une décision d’achat ou la signature d’un quelconque contrat.
Citrix and Branch Repeater ™ are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. Toutes les autres marques commerciales et déposées appartiennent à leurs propriétaires respectifs.